Pangbourne & District Tennis Club (PTC) acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements. A copy of the club’s full safeguarding policy is available here.
The club’s safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at PTC in a safe and inclusive environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis.
PTC acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy PTC will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and well-being of children and adults at risk
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults at risk
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The club’s policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in PTC. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the club.
The club’s safeguarding policy will be reviewed every two years, or sooner in the following circumstances:
- changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board or LTA
- as a result of any other significant change or event.