Pangbourne and District Tennis Club takes the privacy of members’ personal information seriously.
Information we hold:
The personal information the club holds includes name, address, email address, home phone number and mobile number. This information is held as a file on the club’s secure Google Drive. A small number of committee members have access to this drive, including the chairman, secretary, marketing and communications lead and junior coaching organiser.
We extract your email address from this file and hold this information with the club’s emarketing provider (MailChimp) and the club’s survey platform (Survey Monkey). Mobile phone numbers are used to communicate with members using SMS messages the club’s WhatApp group.
How we use the information:
The information held will be used for the following purposes:
Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitations to social events
- Publishing match and competition results
- Website management
- Sharing data with the LTA regarding British Tennis membership and the Wimbledon ballot
Marketing and communications
- Sending club information using the club’s MailChimp emarketing account
- Sending surveys using the club’s Survey Monkey account
Coaching and match entry
- Share data with club coaches administer coaching sessions
- Share data with club team captains to enter events
- Share data with local leagues, Berkshire LTA and other competition organisers for entry into events
Data retention policy:
Personal information provided by members will be retained for three years after the date of joining the club or the last renewal of membership.
This information will be used to contact members with regard to membership renewal and club events which are open to non-members.
Information relating to junior coaching will be deleted/destroyed at the end of each season.
The privacy policies of the third-party platforms are available from these links: