Summer isn’t over as yet, but the plans are in place for autumn tennis!
Club coaching moves to Sundays from 13th September. Most sessions are at 11:00am, but a few are at 14:00, so check the timetable on the adult coaching page.
STOP PRESS – Additional block for Wednesday afternoons starting on 23rd September just announced!
The LTA guidelines have been updated and we can now run sessions with 12 players. The sessions from September will be 90 minutes, with a mix of drills, skill development and match play, ideal for players looking to improve or develop their game.
With the limit of no more than 12 players per session, reserve your place now!
You can find the full programme and details of the course fees here.
We are delighted that the club can now hold tournaments, socially distanced, of course!
Register now to book your place for a friendly, fun American Doubles Tournament on Sunday 6th September from 1pm to 4pm.
Everyone is welcome, including juniors who can play with standard balls, serve and sustain a rally.
It’s free to take part, and there will be prizes!
The format is ideal for all standards of player and you don’t need a partner to enter. It would be lovely to see our newer members take part alongside “old hands” as this is the first tournament we have been able to run this year.
To comply with LTA guidelines for Covid-19 secure events, we will be implementing the following:
- The maximum number of participants will be 24, so book early!
- Advanced booking is essential
- The club house will be closed other than for use of the toilets and access to first aid equipment.
- The tournament will be cancelled, even at short notice, if rain is forecast as the club house cannot be used to shelter from rain.
- We will not be offering refreshments, but participants are very welcome to bring their own and picnic on the recreation ground, maintaining social distance in groups of not more than six people from different households.
Weather permitting, the tournament will be followed by the club’s AGM, held outdoors and socially distanced.
Please complete this short form to register for the tournament.
In 2020 we launched an online booking system to provide visibility of courts utilisation and to allow players to book in advance. All full and monthly members receive an invitation email to register.
Please note that whilst you can still turn up without booking, booked members will have priority. The system sends a confirmation email which is your proof of booking. It is very simple to use and does not show personal details of other bookings e.g. name.
For more information or if you have registered your membership and not received the invitation email, please visit the Court booking page.