Pangbourne Tennis Club is monitoring the Government announcements and LTA recommendations regarding the Coronavirus situation. The situation will evolve based on official recommendations, please visit this page for the latest update.
As we exit the 2nd lockdown, social practice of tennis is permitted, including doubles games and group coaching. Some limitations and specific hygiene rules are in place, clearly shown on the courts and also listed below. Please familiarise yourself with these rules and follow them to practice tennis safely.
Whilst the courts are available, combination padlocks will remain in place to restrict access other than permitted play. Access details will be communicated to club members by email.
In order to comply with Government and LTA recommendations, all players must follow these safety and hygiene rules:
- Do not access the courts if you are self isolating or showing symptoms such as fever or cough or if you have been advised by the NHS to shield or self-isolate (i.e. you have been contacted by Track and Trace or you are in a vulnerable group)
- Group size for informal social play is limited to a maximum of six people (rule of 6). Organised tennis activities such as coaching or club nights are permitted with larger groups provided that LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines are adhered to
- By request of the Parish Council, tennis courts should be locked at all times. Please ensure all gates are locked when you leave the court
- Bring your own alcohol gel to clean your hands, especially before and after touching any equipment such as gates and padlocks. Use gloves if possible and dispose of them responsibly
- Use your sanitiser to clean your racket and hands before and after play
- Maintain social distancing at all times: do not enter the courts if all 3 courts are in use and allow players to exit the court before you enter; change ends at opposite sides of the net and maintain distance with players on other courts; do not shake hands with other players (other than same household)
- You no longer need to use your own marked tennis balls; when using shared balls please clean your hands before and after play and avoid touching your face during play
- Bring your own equipment and do not share (racket, hats, towel, water bottle etc.)
- Do not touch anything on the court such as fence, nets etc. Sanitise your hands if you accidentally do
- Please free your court after 45′ if other players are waiting
- Take any rubbish with you and dispose of wipes, gloves etc. responsibly
- Leave the nets as you find them i.e. do not loosen and do not hook / un-hook them
- Wash your hands when you get home
- And most importantly, enjoy your game of tennis!