Pangbourne Tennis Club has continuously monitored the Government announcements and LTA recommendations regarding the Coronavirus situation. We have had to adapt our activities over the past 2 years. For 2022 we are hoping that our members can enjoy uninterrupted and safe tennis, with all club activities returning to normal.
There are however some limitations and hygiene rules that remain in place. Please familiarise yourself with these rules and follow them to practice tennis safely. You can also view the LTA guidelines for further information.
Whilst the courts are available, combination padlocks remain in place to restrict access other than permitted play. Access details have been communicated to club members by email.
In order to comply with Government and LTA regulations, all players must follow these safety and hygiene rules:
- Do not access the courts if you are self isolating or showing symptoms such as fever or cough or if you have been advised by the NHS to shield or self-isolate (i.e. you have been contacted by Track and Trace or you are in a vulnerable group)
- Informal social play is allowed either as singles or doubles. Organised tennis activities such as coaching or club nights are permitted with maximum group size as indicated on the LTA Website
- By request of the Parish Council, tennis courts should be locked at all times. Please ensure all gates are locked when you leave the court
- Bring your own alcohol gel to clean your hands, especially before and after touching any equipment such as gates and padlocks
- Use your sanitiser to clean your racket and hands before and after play; avoid touching your face during play
- Maintain social distancing at all times: do not enter the courts if all 3 courts are in use and allow players to exit the court before you enter; change ends at opposite sides of the net and maintain distance with players on other courts; do not shake hands with other players (other than same household)
- Bring your own equipment and do not share (racket, hats, towel, water bottle etc.)
- Take any rubbish with you and dispose of wipes, gloves etc. responsibly
- Wash your hands when you get home
- And most importantly, enjoy your game of tennis!