We organise mixed ability group coaching for adults, run by our LTA licensed coach Damian Lane throughout the year. In the spring and summer we run morning and evening sessions during the week. In September we switch to daytime sessions at the weekends until March.
Sadly we had to cancel spring coaching due to Coronavirus restrictions.
NEW Summer Adult Coaching Programme
Under the current LTA guidelines small group coaching is permitted (up to 5 players plus coach) and we have been able to run several session for adults since this guidance was announced.
The next block is running from 21st July on Tuesdays evenings and Wednesdays mornings for five weeks. We are offering both Club Coaching and Back to Tennis sessions.
On holiday during the course? Just book the weeks you can attend and pay for these in advance to secure your place.
Back to Tennis will suit beginners or those who haven’t played for some time. Damian will focus on the basics of tennis in a supportive environment to build confidence.
Club Coaching, the ever-popular mix of skills training, drills and some match play is ideal for players looking to improve and develop their game. For this block, Damian will coach for the first hour then set up the group for match play, which can continue for up to another hour.
Timetable and Fees
|Tuesdays: 21st July, 28th July, 4th August, 11th August and 18th August|
|Club Coaching session 1 – 17:30|
|Club Coaching session 2 – 18:30|
|Back to Tennis – 19:30|
|Wednesdays: 22nd July, 29th July, 5th August, 12th August and 19th August|
|Club Coaching session 3 – 10:30|
|Club Coaching session 4 – 11:30|
|Fee per session|
|Members : £15|
|Non-members : £22.50|
Places are limited and will go fast, so register now!
Coaching during the era of Covid-19
We have adapted the way group coaching operates to comply with the current guidelines for safe play during Covid-19:
- Up to 5 players can participate in each group
- Late summer courses are offered as blocks of 5 weeks
- Players must book either for the whole course or specific weeks if they are on holiday/unable to attend every week. We hope that this will enable us to accommodate more players over the 5 weeks and make it cost effective during holiday season.
- Once booked, players must pay in advance for their sessions to secure their place
- Places are limited and members will be given priority
- If a session has to be cancelled due to bad weather or other circumstances beyond our control, a replacement session will be organised
- Any player who develops symptoms of Covid-19 during the course must not attend the remaining sessions. Their fees for the missed sessions can be credited against coaching later in the season or refunded if preferred
- You should follow the club safety and hygiene rules at all times.
Not a member?
Just visit the membership page and complete the membership form.
We accept payment by bank transfer or cheque:
Account Name: Pangbourne Tennis Club
Account Number: 91242237
Sort Code: 40-36-03
Please use your surname and initial as the reference
You can pay by cheque made payable to Pangbourne Tennis Club and send to:
The Hon Treasurer, Stoney Point, Whitchurch Hill Oxon RG8 7PG