Group coaching for adults runs throughout the year so that members can keep practising and developing their skills and court craft.
We organise mixed ability group coaching, run by our LTA licensed coach Damian Lane.
In the spring and summer we run day and evening sessions during the week and further sessions at the weekends. Later in the year we switch to daytime sessions.
Sessions last 60 or 90 minutes with a mix of drills, skills development and match play, ideal for anyone looking to improve and develop their game.
Timetable and fees
The next block of coaching for adults starts on Tuesday 7th June, with two club coaching sessions at 17:30 and 18:30. Also on Tuesdays, the very popular Back to Tennis session is running again at 19:30. If you’ve not been on court for many years – maybe the last time you played tennis was at school – this session is ideal to reintroduce you to tennis. The Tuesday sessions run for six weeks to the 12th July.
Skills and Drills continues to run on Sunday mornings at 11:00 – 12:30. The next block is from 12th June to 15th July.
New this Season – Start to Play. Are you completely new to tennis and want to learn the basics? This programme is designed to get you up and running. Run by our club coach Damian Lane who is very experienced in developing players of all standards, the six week course on Friday evenings will get you started in a supportive environment. This course runs from Friday 10th June to 15th July at 19:30 and is limited to six participants, so book early!
Numbers are limited so please book your place for your chosen course(s) by using this form.
Payment details are below, bank transfer is preferred, please avoid cash as per Covid-19 guidelines.
Coaching and Covid-19
We have adapted the way group coaching operates to comply with the current guidelines for safe play during Covid-19:
- Limited number of players in each group as per LTA guidelines. Members take priority over non-members.
- Players must confirm their attendance the day before the session (an email reminder will be sent)
- Once booked, players must pay in advance for their session to secure their place
- If a session has to be cancelled due to bad weather or other circumstances beyond our control, a replacement session will be organised
- Any player who develops symptoms of Covid-19 must not attend any sessions until fully recovered. Any player who has been in contact with someone suspected of having Covid-19 must not attend any sessions until they have completed their self-isolation . Fees for the missed sessions can be credited against coaching later in the season or refunded if preferred
- Players should follow the club safety and hygiene rules at all times.
Not a member?
Just visit the membership page and complete the membership form to join the club, benefit from preferential rates and enjoy year-round access to the courts.
We accept payment by bank transfer or cheque:
Account Name: Pangbourne Tennis Club
Account Number: 91242237
Sort Code: 40-36-03
Please use your surname and initial as the reference
You can pay by cheque made payable to Pangbourne Tennis Club and send to:
The Hon Treasurer, 10 Purley Magna Purley on Thames Berkshire RG8 8EL