Group coaching for adults runs throughout the year so that members can keep practising and developing their skills and court craft.
We organise mixed ability group coaching, run by our LTA licensed coach Damian Lane.
In the spring and summer, we run day and evening sessions during the week and further sessions at the weekends. Later in the year we switch to daytime sessions. Daytime sessions on Sunday mornings run throughout the year.
Sessions last 60 or 90 minutes with a mix of drills, skills development and match play, ideal for anyone looking to improve and develop their game.
Timetable and fees
Special Seasonal Session!
There’s a one-off session of Skills and Drills on Friday 30th December at 11:00 – 12:30. Its £10 for adult members, £8 for juniors and £15 for non-members.
New Programme for Winter 2023
The programme for the remainder of the season starts on Sunday 8th January 2023. We are running two sessions on Sundays to cater for a range of skills and interests:
Skills and Drills at the new time of 10:00 – 11:30: for experienced/stronger players looking to have a good workout on court and practice their match play;
On Track Tennis at 11:30 – 12:30: designed to build skills for players who have enjoyed Start to Play or Back to Tennis during the summer or want to get back into tennis but haven’t played for many years.
Places are limited to 12 per session – book your place by completing this short form for adult registrations.
Juniors who are advanced enough to play with adults are welcome at both of these sessions and we offer junior rates for both “pay and play” and course bookings. Register your junior using this form.
Coaching and Covid 19
We have adapted the way group coaching operates to comply with the current guidelines for safe play in light of Covid-19:
- Limited number of players in each group as per LTA guidelines. Members take priority over non-members.
- Players must confirm their attendance the day before the session (an email reminder will be sent)
- Once booked, players must pay in advance for their session to secure their place
- If a session has to be cancelled due to bad weather or other circumstances beyond our control, a replacement session will be organised
- Any player who develops symptoms of Covid-19 must not attend any sessions until fully recovered. Any player who has been in contact with someone suspected of having Covid-19 must not attend any sessions until they recovered . Fees for the missed sessions can be credited against coaching later in the season or refunded if preferred
- Players should follow the club safety and hygiene rules at all times.
Not a member?
Just visit the membership page and complete the membership form to join the club, benefit from preferential rates and enjoy year-round access to the courts.
We accept payment by bank transfer or cheque:
Account Name: Pangbourne Tennis Club
Account Number: 91242237
Sort Code: 40-36-03
Please use your surname and initial as the reference
You can pay by cheque made payable to Pangbourne Tennis Club and send to:
The Hon Treasurer, 10 Purley Magna Purley on Thames Berkshire RG8 8EL