To celebrate the opening of the newly resurfaced main court, we are holding another of our fun and friendly American Doubles Tournaments which have been so popular in previous seasons.
Register now to book your place for the tournament which is on Sunday 18th July from 2pm to 6pm.
Make an afternoon of it by picnicking on the Recreation Ground with family and friends.
Everyone is welcome, including juniors who can play with standard balls, serve and sustain a rally. The maximum number of players is 24, so don’t delay if you want to play.
It’s free to take part, and there will be prizes
The format is ideal for all standards of player and you don’t need a partner to enter. It would be lovely to see our newer members take part alongside “old hands” as this is the first tournament we have been able to run this year.
Covid Stage 3 guidelines will still be in place on the day of the tournament. Therefore, we will be implementing the following:
- The maximum number of participants will be 24.
- Advanced booking is essential.
- The club house will be closed other than for use of the toilets and access to first aid equipment.
- Members must wear a mask when entering the club house.
- The tournament will be cancelled, even at short notice, if rain is forecast as the club house cannot be used to shelter from rain whilst maintaining the social distancing requirements for indoor venues.
- We will not be offering refreshments, but participants are very welcome to bring their own and picnic on the recreation ground.
No-one should leave home to participate if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID 19, currently recognised as any of the
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation and follow the steps for Test and Trace.
Please complete this short form to register for the tournament.